Preparing for your AMC Intake session
Questions? Call or email any of us (our contact info’s at the bottom of our FAQ).
Parent to-do’s (Logistics)
Please order the following materials before our first meeting:
Things to bring/email
- The names of any additional AMC test-prep materials you already have, if any
- A brief summary of any AMC prep you have already done
- A brief summary of any major standardized test results to date, including past AMCs
- The student’s completed Homework, as described in “Student to-do’s,” below
Links for later
But AIME success requires a great deal of dedication and support. Additional workshops, online courses, and practice tests multiply the benefits, without multiplying the cost to you.
You’ll find these additional resources at wescarroll.com/amc.
Student to-do’s (Homework)
Homework for our very first meeting
Please print and prepare the 2010 AMC 12A (download here) or 2017 AMC 10A (download here) or 2010 AMC 8 (download here) for the Intake Session, carefully and exactly following the Homework process explained below.
NOTE: If you have taken some other AMC 8/10/12 within the last four weeks, you can bring, or scan-and-email, that test instead.
- Please prepare for the test by doing whatever review you think will be most helpful. Spend between 5 and 90 minutes on this, please. I trust your judgement.
- Please take the assigned test, timed per the instructions on the exam. Circle your answers right on the test.
- Please bring the test and all scratchwork to our meeting (for video sessions, please scan and email it, by following the instructions in the next section).
We know that this is a lot to take in. We do this in order to give you our best from the very start.
(And, we admit, to help us understand whether we can count on you to read our directions.)
Questions? Call or email any of us. Our contact info’s at the bottom of our FAQ.
Together, we’ll stay on the path to success at every turn.