Preparing for your Physics Intake session
Questions? Call or email any of us (our contact info’s at the bottom of our FAQ).
Parent to-do’s (Logistics)
Please order the following materials before our first meeting:
- How to Be a Brighter Student: The Craft of Developing Your Brilliance
- The Official (College Board) SAT Subject Test in Physics Study Guide (latest edition)
- Kaplan SAT Subject Test Physics (latest edition)
- Princeton Review: Cracking the SAT Physics Subject Test (latest edition)
Things to bring/email
- The names of any additional Physics test-prep materials you already have, if any
- A recently graded and returned test from the student’s current Physics class, if available
- A brief summary of any major standardized test results to date, including all PSAT / SAT results
- The student’s completed Homework, as described in “Student to-do’s,” below
Student to-do’s (Homework)
Homework for our very first meeting
Please print and prepare this 60-minute timed test (download here), carefully and exactly following the Homework process explained below. (Note: this is the first test from the official College Board book listed above. If you prefer to work directly out of the book, that’s fine.)
Don’t read the rest of the book. Don’t skip the directions below.
- Please prepare for the test by doing whatever review you think will be most helpful. Spend between 5 and 90 minutes on this, please. I trust your judgement.
- Please take the assigned test, timed per the instructions on the exam. Circle your answers right on the test.
- Please bring the test and all scratchwork to our meeting (for video sessions, please scan and email it, by following the instructions in the next section).
We know that this is a lot to take in. We do this in order to give you our best from the very start.
(And, we admit, to help us understand whether we can count on you to read our directions.)
Questions? Call or email any of us. Our contact info’s at the bottom of our FAQ.
Together, we’ll stay on the path to success at every turn.